Monday, February 18, 2013

Don’t get scammed


By: Jerry Zaf
A little about me and what I’m trying to achieve with my blog.
I started my involvement in the moving industry 9 years ago. I worked for a moving company located in the Bronx, NY. I was a helper for about a year and was then worked my way up to local foreman, long distance driver and ended as a semi trailer driver. 
You can say that I have went through all the stages of moving and now for the last 5 years, I am the owner of my own moving company. I met my wife when I moved her, and built my house from moving salaries.
While working in the moving industry I have seen many things, particularly the way moving companies deal with customers. I have seen the good and I have seen the bad, but I have always kept my ways straight and honest. I have witnessed customers getting ripped off, sometimes so badly that they are crying and begging for a break. I have seen people getting overcharged thousands of dollars and were still happy and even tipped the movers (very strange huh?). When I opened my moving company, my vision and philosophy was that I am going to make a difference in the industry, but I quickly discovered that making a difference is not that easy. I found myself competing for the business with companies that low ball the customers and get the business by telling lies. I also found out that it is almost impossible to convince a potential customer that the quote that they got is not real, and that they will end paying so much more. But the low price is a powerful weapon and that is the way the companies get you! Part of my fight is this writing this blog, and trying to explain and educate my customers and anyone that is moving, particularly long distance.
By now my company has relocated thousands of families. I cannot say that they were all perfect and smooth but I can tell you that at least 90% of my customers will use me for their next move.
There are no perfect moving companies but there are some that try to do the right thing while others are just here to make money by any means.
You don’t have to be another victim of the moving industry, all you have to do is research to avoid the problems, just be open minded don’t focus only on price.
My next blog will be about national movers vs. local movers

16 comments:

  1. What a great blog, and where from you get so much nice information and experience in this field.

    http://www.fortis-przeprowadzki.pl/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this website. I am hoping to see the same high-grade content from you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own site now.

    removalist sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for these tips. I've had a few experiences recently that have made me doubt most of these movers here in Edmonton. Thanks again for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your tips and giving awareness about that scams which are numerous in social networking sites.
    movers in phoenix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't flash your card everywhere if you don't want to get scammed. Free dating site

    ReplyDelete
  6. Significant lover of your site, a considerable amount of your site posts have actually helped me out. Searching toward updates!
    Reliable Movers in Plano TX
    Plano Texas Movers
    Best Movers in Plano Texas

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is really informative i really had fun reading it.
    It is really very helpful for me.Hoping the same finest operate in the up coming days also. thank you!
    Movers in Plano TX
    Reliable Moving Company Plano TX
    Cheap Movers in Plano

    ReplyDelete

  8. I am extremely surprised by the data of this weblog and I am happy I experienced a search over the site. Thank you so considerably for sharing this sort of great information.
    Reliable Moving Company Plano TX
    Cheap Movers in Plano

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing your valuable experience. Its too much effective specially for me. Waiting for another one. keep it up. Textile Calculation

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking to hire a Sober driver in Dubai? Sober Driver Dubai Most Trusted Driver In Dubai UAE. Sober Driver app is designed to provide you with comforting and fast experience of booking a driver in Dubai and UAE. Professional safe driver Dubai drives you home safely, book reliable & designated safer driver. Get driver in 20 minutes starting from 80 AED only. Sober Driver Dubai offers world-class chauffeur services in Dubai at cheapest prices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Noor Ahmed Transports LLC Dubai offer Flatbed Trailer for Rent in Dubai, Trailer Truck Rental Sharjah, Abu Dhabi, Trailer Truck for Rent in UAE . Get Heavy Trailer Truck for Rent in UAE, Trailer Rental Dubai, Trailer for Rent in Sharjah, Trailer Truck for Ren. Trailer Rental Abu Dhabi, Heavy Trailer Truck for Rent in UAE, Trucks & Trailer for Rent in Sharjah, Trailer Truck for Rent

    ReplyDelete
  12. Get driver in 20 minutes starting from 70 AED only.7 Days A Week Support. The safe driver Dubai service promotes the Corporate Social Responsibility by offering designated drivers to you at your door step. We promote safety and safe driving. Drink alcohol and drive is strictly prohibited as per UAE Law. Book your Personal Safe Driver that can take you home safely. The Sober Driver Dubai offers world-class chauffeur services in Dubai at cost-effective prices. Call us at 055 730 3487 to make a booking!Get driver in 20 minutes starting from 70 AED only.7 Days A Week Support. The safe driver Dubai service promotes the Corporate Social Responsibility by offering designated drivers to you at your door step. We promote safety and safe driving. Drink alcohol and drive is strictly prohibited as per UAE Law. Book your Personal Safe Driver that can take you home safely. The Sober Driver Dubai offers world-class chauffeur services in Dubai at cost-effective prices. Call us at 055 730 3487 to make a booking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We provide best, quick and fast . 1 ton pickup for rent in Dubai and all over UAE. Pickup Truck for Office shifting House Shifting, Moving, Delivery of building material, Cargo luggage anywhere in Dubai or from Dubai. Pickup Rental Dubai for Home shifting, Office shifting, Man with van, Pickup for rent in Dubai, Truck Rent in Dubai.

    ReplyDelete